Hello my lovelies! The end of this week is the beginning of a week off work for me, and I can’t wait for a little down time and some time with Matt. Because I’ve got time off work next week, it means I’ll probably be wearing makeup a lot more because I find it really relaxing and a great way to fit in some me-time in my busy days.
Which leads me on to today’s post! My first ever makeup tutorial! I won’t lie, I was nervous to film my makeup routine but it’s good to push yourself out of your comfort zone. Plus, I’ve had a few requests for one, so there was no way I was going to let you down!
To start, I’ll give you my list of products I use, in the order I use them:
- Primer: Rimmel Fix and Perfect 5 in 1.
- Concealer: BareMinerals Bareskin Complete Coverage in Fair or Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in Extra Fair.
- Setting Powder: Revolution Bake and Finish Powder or Revolution Translucent Powder.
- Foundation: BareMinerals Original SPF 15 Powder Foundation in Fair.
- Brow Gel: Rimmel Wonder’Full Brow Gel in Medium.
- Eye Primer: Revolution Focus and Fix Eye Primer.
- Eye Shadow: MAC Eyeshadow Pot in Naked Lunch and a dark shimmery shade from a miniature Sleek Palette in All Night Long.
- Mascara: Collection Fast Stroke Defining Lash Mascara in Brown/Black.
- Contour: Bourjois Paris Eyeshadow in Utaupique (I’m so pale that this actually works as my contour shade! All others are too warm for my skin and look muddy on.)
- Blush: L’oreal Paris Life’s a Peach. (This smells amazing!)
- Highlighter: BareMinerals Highlighter in Whimsy – This has a frosted lilac and white shimmer to it and is gorgeous as a highlighter or eyeshadow!
- Lip Gloss: No.7 High Shine Lip Gloss in Sparkling Rose.
- Setting Spray: Revolution Sport Fix Fixing spray.
Now that you know what I like to use/wear, here’s my tutorial!
And that’s my everyday makeup tutorial! I say everyday, but I only wear makeup when I feel like it, which is usually at the weekend or when I’m off work.
I like wearing this kind of makeup for everyday wear and for going out, partly because I just love that glam natural look. You get what I mean by that? Basically as if I’ve got skin that’s clear, long lashes and have some form of cheek bones rather than my chipmunk cheeks – thanks contouring!
I’ve always struggled with smudging lipsticks and sticky lip glosses so I never used to wear them, but over the last year I’ve been wearing lipstick more and more and I’ve fallen in love with that rose tinted lip gloss. It’s not too sticky and looks great over a completely bare lip!
So, here’s what I looked like before I did my makeup, and after!
I have always believed that you should only wear makeup if you want to, and that it should be something you feel like you have to do in order to be liked or accepted.
Even though before I put my makeup on I could see my acne, bags under my eyes, rosacea and patchy eyebrows; I still went out like that with my hair up, barefaced and I felt pretty good and didn’t think about needing makeup for a second. What I will say is yes I did feel love how I looked after I put my makeup on, and that’s because makeup is an incredible art-form and method of expression.
Basically, do what makes you happy and feel good!
And on that note, what makeup product could you not live without? I think mine’s got to be mascara! It just makes me feel that extra bit put together! What did you think to my tutorial? Let me know in the comments, and if you try out my makeup routine be sure to tag me in your photos on instagram @theweightofmyworlds!
Have a great weekend everyone, and remember, you’re amazing!